Nanomaterials in accumulation and generation of energy device
CRDF/USAID (UKX 2-9200-IF-08) and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of Ukraine (М/130-2009)
Project web-site: http://www.pu.if.ua/depart/noc/www2/index.html
Project duration: 30 March 2009 – 30 June 2012
Grant holder: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine)
Project goals: Development of methods for the synthesis and modification of nano-dispersed and nanoporous materials for energy generation and accumulation devices.
Specific project objectives are:
- Development and optimization of methods for obtaining functional materials for power generation and accumulation devices.
- Investigation of the structure and electrochemical properties of the materials obtained.
- Investigation of kinetics and thermodynamics of intercalation processes Li and Mn in nano disperse oxides Ti, Si, Mg;
- Investigation of the structure and physicochemical properties of oxide-based intercalates Ti, Si, Mg;
- Creation of laboratory samples.
- Laboratory for the synthesis and research of electrode materials for devices for generation and accumulation of electric energy was created on the basis of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University.The cost of the purchased equipment is about $ 160,000. USA.
- The technology of synthesis of electrode materials for lithium current sources and supercapacitors has been developed.
- Young scientists (students, postgraduate students and doctoral students who participated in the project implementation) were trained – specialists in the field of physical nanomaterials.
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine)
Contact person and project manager in Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University:
Ivan BUDZULYAK, PhD, Professor, е-mail: ivan-budzulyak @ukr.net