Foreign Language Teacher Training Capacity Development as a
Way to Ukraine’s Multilingual Education and
Project acronym: MultiEd
Project duration: 15 November 2019 – 14 November 2022
The amount of the grant program Erasmus + (CBHE): 900 099 EUR
Grant holder: University of Tartu, Estonia
Project goals: Curriculum of Teacher of Foreign Languages development; education of in-service teachers (both school and university teachers, academic staff); internationalization of education through launching CLIL-based courses and developing multilingual education strategies for UA HEIs and National Recommendations on Multilingual Higher Education.
Specific project objectives are:
- To train academic and professional staff teams.
- To review and audit all current curricula in the field of Education (BA and MA of TFLs);
- To update on average 14 courses for BA and MA of.
- To deliver and evaluate courses (both new and updated through CLIL approach
- To launch, pilot and introduce on a regular basis the revised curricula.
- To train academic and professional staff on e-course development.
- To develop, deliver and evaluate e-course «CLIL Methodology» for target groups.
- To survey public opinion on «Multilingual education in Ukraine».
- To embed the ideas of life-long learning and blended education with academic and professional staff.
- To design and deliver seminars on new pedagogical approaches, CLIL & ELT (English Language Teaching) methods.
- Career-relevant general skills development for target groups.
- Updated education programs.
- New courses developed.
- Multilingual educational strategy developed.
- National Recommendations on Multilingual Higher Education developed.
- Skiles of in-service teachers are upgraded.
- University of Tartu (Estonia);
- Heidelberg University (Germany);
- Aston University (UK);
- Interlink Academy (Germany);
- Zaporizhzhia National University (Ukraine);
- O.Sukhomlynskyi National University of Mykolaiv (Ukraine);
- Cherkasy National University (Ukraine);
- Poltava V. G. Korolenko National Pedagogical University (Ukraine);
- N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (Ukraine);
- Donbas State Pedagogical University, Horlivka Institute for Foreign Languages (Ukraine);
- Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University (Ukraine);
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukarine);
- Non-Governmental Organization «Association of Teachers of English» TESOL-Ukraine»
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
Contact person and project manager in Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University: Ms. Lyubov ZINYUK, Head of the Project Management Department, e-mail: email@example.com