Trilateral Partnerships – Cooperation Projects between Scholars and Scientists from Ukraine, Russia and Germany
Project acronym: Cellular mechanisms of healthy brain ageing under caloric restriction
Project web-site: http://portal.volkswagenstiftung.de/search/projectDetails.do?ref=90233
Project duration: 1 April 2016 – 31 March 2019
Grant holder: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University
Project goals: Characterization of the biochemical and physiological status of the ageing brain and deciphering cellular/molecular mechanisms underlying beneficial effects of CR.
Specific project objectives are:
- Characterization of the energetic balance, efficiency of glycolysis and respiration in control and calorically restricted (CR) animals.
- Identification of pathways that can be targeted by CR-mimetics for future therapies.
- Fundamental knowledge on the effects of ageing of neurons, astrocytes and microglia both in vitro and in vivo and on the mechanisms underlying caloric restriction-based improvement of their function.
- Cellular/molecular pathways that can be targeted by CR-mimetics for future therapies.
- Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine);
- Department of Neurophysiology, Institute of Physiology, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen (Germany);
- Institute of Biology and Biomedicine, University of Nizhny Novgorod (Russia).
Contact person and project manager: Mr. Volodymyr Lushchak, Head of the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org