Improving teacher education for applied learning in the field of vocational education
Project acronym: ITE-VET
Project web-site: wiwi.uni.kn/ite-vet
Project duration: 14 October 2016 – 14 October 2018
The amount of the grant program Erasmus + (CBHE): 625 625 EUR
Grant holder: University of Konstanz, Germany
Project goals: Wider objective is to improve the economic situation in Ukraine by improving the structures and quality of the vocational education training system (VET).
Specific project objectives are:
- Identification of structures and problems of the Ukrainian vocational education system, particularly of the teacher education system for VET by looking at structural issues and curricular regulations/issues in comparison to those of the participating EU countries.
- Development of innovative course structures and didactical innovations to be developed and implemented in the Ukrainian partner universities.
- In oder to be able to better meet the needs of the economy and to prepare the students in a more efficient way for their future life as VET teachers new forms of cooperation between university and schools/colleges resp.institutions representing the employment sector shall be implemented and new ways/fields of acquiring very early professional experience for future teachers outside the university seminar room shall be explored.
- The system of training teachers for vocational education institutions andvocational education system of Ukraine was analyzed and their needs wereclarified, in particular, the analysis of the state of training teachers for vocational education institutions in the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University was carried out (results are published in the Structured Report ITE-VET).
- Revised Curriculum/Study Plan. In particular, in the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, the curriculum of the specialty 011″Educational, pedagogical sciences” educational level “Master” was updated with the introduction of new disciplines focused on theoretical and practical training of teachers for vocational education in the amount of 20 ECTS. The list of pedagogical practice courses was updated and new agreements were concluded with 2 vocational schools, namely the Ivano-Frankivsk Higher Professional Service School and the Ivano-Frankivsk College of Restaurant Services and Tourism
- New forms of practice-oriented learning are introduced. Educational and methodological materials are developed, in particular, educational programs, lectures, practical classes (presentations, trainings, didactic games, etc.), tasks for independent and individual work, criteria for evaluating the results of studying disciplines, requirements for tests and examinations in disciplines studied on the second educational level of the specialty 011 “Educational, pedagogical sciences”. Work continues on the development of educational and methodological materials on disciplines that will be taught at the second year of the master program (the results are published in the catalog of disciplines/modules on the specialty 011″Educational, pedagogical sciences” level of education “master”).
- Joint anthology “Improving teacher education for applied learning in the field of VET” was published, in particular, the peculiarities of training teachers for vocational education institutions in the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University in the framework of the Erasmus + ITE-VET project were highlighted.
- University of Konstanz (Germany);
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria);
- University of Valencia (Spain);
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine);
- Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University (Ukraine);
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Ukraine);
- Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the National Academy of Education Sciences of Ukraine;
- Institute of Professional Qualifications (Ukraine);