Gender Studies Curriculum: A Step for Democracy and Peace in EU-neighboring countries with different traditions
Project acronym: GeSt
Project web-site: http://gestproject.eu/
Project duration: 15 October 2015 – 14 October 2018
The amount of the grant program Erasmus + (CBHE): 930 000 EUR
Grant holder: Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Project goals: Implementation of the set of curricula in the field of social and behavioral sciences updated with gender issues in countries with different traditions for improving the level of understanding gender problems in society and methods of their solutions.
Specific project objectives are:
- Developed theoretical and practical basis of innovative teaching methods and approaches for trainings in Gender Studies (GS).
- Improved the understanding of the problematic of gender education and to acquire the necessary experience and skills of teaching staff.
- Prepared the first qualified graduates as social science researchers, who will have a wide range of methodological and epistemological approaches to Gender Studies.
- Modernized in seven universities of Ukraine, Morocco and Tunisia different MA Programs such as Cultural Studies; Literary and Cultural Studies Sociology; Political Sciences; Psychology, History, Education Measurement with Social and Behavioral components of gender studies.
- Developed syllabi for seven updated and fourteen new courses.
- Developed core resources (teaching, learning and training materials for teachers and students; staff skills in Partner countries HEIs improved at short internships at Program countries.
- E-resources, Developed project web-site, Posted OER for new courses on the project website in freely available.
- Created database of test issues and system of on-line testing for training and for control.
- Reports on project results and other publications.
- Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania);
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece);
- Central European University (Hungary);
- Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah University (Morocco);
- The Sultan Moulay Slimane University (Morocco);
- Manouba University (Tunisia);
- University of Sousse (Tunisia);
- Kirovohrad Volodymyr Vynnychenko State Pedagogical University (Ukraine);
- Nizhyn Mykola Gogol State University (Ukraine);
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine).
Project fulfillment: Department of Social Psychology, Philosophical Faculty
Contact person and project manager in Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University: Ms. Olga Ziniuk, Leading Specialist at the Project Management Department,