Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments
Project acronym: MoPED
Project web-site: http://mopedproject.eu/
Project duration: 15 October 2017 – 14 October 2020
The amount of the grant program Erasmus + (CBHE): 861 445 EUR
Grant holder: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine)
Project goals: To modernize curricula for Pedagogical Schools of Ukraine by incorporating new courses of top-notch ICT teaching tools and inquiry methods. By answering the contemporary challenges and requirements, and supporting ambitious large-scale educational reforms in Ukraine, the project will impact the quality of pedagogical higher education and enhance digital and didactic competences of future school teachers.
Specific project objectives were:
- 18 semester’s disciplines are planned to be developed, incorporated into UA pedagogical curricular and accredited at the institutional level. It will ensure the modernization of curricula of Bachelor’s Degree Program in each participating UA HEI by creating new accredited courses and learning materials of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM).
- Training of teaching staff of participating Pedagogical Faculties of Ukrainian Universities to guarantee the exploitation and sustainability of developed courses and design of brand-new ones. 5 trainings (3 conducted by Programme countries and 2 run by themselves) will be organized and approx. 450 UA University teachers will be trained.
- Established “Innovative Classroom” (ICR) in each UA HEI as a 21st-Century learning space based on best European practices. 6 Innovative Classrooms will be established based on the preliminary developed IC concepts and implementation roadmaps. They will serve as a practical base for training and implementation knowledge and skills in application of up-to-date teaching methods and tools.
- Effective cooperation between EU and Ukrainian Pedagogic HEIs, school teachers and their associations strengthening internationalization, knowledge transfer and academic capacity. For this purpose, MoPED ecosystem will be created to initiate the innovative professional environment for fostering, sharing and broadcasting the effective teachers’ practices.
- Produced 3D map (pedagogy, technology, education institutions) of education in Ukraine and pick the best products of EU HE.
- Delivered guide to build teacher’s profile on digital competences.
- Build MoPED ecosystem communicating with main education actors in the country – in progress.
- The new courses have been piloted with 500+ university students.
- Knowledge has been shared gained from EU partners with 300+ school teachers by 12 trainings and improving their professional level.
- Organized project conference and master classes.
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine);
- University of Deusto (Spain);
- AGH University of Science and Technology (Poland);
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus);
- Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University (Ukraine);
- Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky State Pedagogical University named after Gregory Skovoroda (Ukraine);
- Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University (Ukraine);
- The State Institute “South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky” (Ukraine);
- State Institution “Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University” (Ukraine);
- LLC “Quality Ukraine” (Ukraine);
Contact person and project coordinator: Ms. Lyubov ZINYUK, Head of the Project Management Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org