CLUE: Commercial law of the European Union
Project acronym: CLUE
Project web-site: https://ksud.pnu.edu.ua/jean-monnet-module-cleu/
Project duration: 01 September 2018 – 31 August 2021
The amount of the grant program Erasmus +: 21 168 euro
Grantholder: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Ukraine
Project goals: To provide an in-depth understanding of the nature of EU law and to explain its inter-relationship with national legal systems. This comprises the study of the EU’s basic principles of law, institutional architecture and decision-making procedures. The central theme of the course is the application of Commercial EU law.
Specific project objectives are:
- Promotion of European Union studies. Students will have possibility to learn a new course.
- Greater visibility of EU Commercial Law course at national level.
- Academic added value. Problems of legal regulation, the thoughts and ideas of practical lawyers and scientists concerning harmonization of Ukrainian Law to EU standards will be collected and published in a scientific journal, in university’s and regional mass media. The ways of harmonization of Ukrainian Commercial Law will be proposed.
- 1. Publication of the results of the study on the harmonization of commercial law of Ukraine with the EU standards.
- Increasing employment of graduates of the university in the field of legal services for corporate business (in particular, enterprises with foreign investments, enterprises oriented to consumers from the EU).
- Publishing a Practical Guide (“Commercial Law of the EU”) in Ukrainian language.
- Replenishment of the library fund with textbooks from Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland and Germany.
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ukraine);
- University of Gdansk (Poland);
- Karl Franzens University (Austria);
- Тrnava University (Slovakia);
Contact persons and project coordanator:
prof. Valentyna Vasylieva, Dean of Law Institute;
Oleksandr Kovalyshyn, assoc. prof. PhD:email@example.com