Technology and properties of thermoelectric materials on the basis of Lead Telluride with nanoinclusions
Project acronym: Synthesis and thermoelectric properties of nanostructured materials.
Project duration: 2017 – 2018
Project executor: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Project of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine)
Project goals: The development and optimization of the technological processes for the production of composite materials on the basis of Lead Telluride with nano-including for thermoelectric modules that operates in temperature range (500-850) K.
Specific project objectives are:
- The synthesis of homogeneous and doped PbTe crystals to produce a stable material with known type of conductivity.
- Obtain the samples on the base of Lead Telluride with nanowires by metal-ceramic method, by mixing of PbTe powder with nanopowder ZnO, CdTe, TiO2.
- The study of phase composition and structural state depending on the technological terms of obtaining the samples.
- The study of temperature dependence of thermoelectric parameters of samples for different mass quantities of nanopowders and their sizes.
- The investigate of temperature dependence of thermoelectric parameters of the samples at different sizes of the powder fractions of the lead telluride and stage of pressures at fixed value of the amount of the nanopowder.
- The study of the dependence of thermoelectric parameters of samples on the terms of thermal processing of samples.
The graphical and tabular dependences of structural parameters (phase composition, element cell parameter) and thermoelectric characteristics (specific conductivity, Zeebek coefficients and thermal conductivity) on the type and content of nanodispersed material (ZnO, CdTe, TiO2) and technological conditions for obtaining the pressed thermoelement (fraction size of matrix material, compression pressure, annealing temperature) will received. On their basis will be optimized the technological processes, which will ensure the receipt of material with a predicted ZT ≈ 1.5-2.0.
Contact person and project manager in Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University: Volodymyr PROKOPIV, Ph.D., Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org