Photocatalytic properties of nanodisperse systems based on mesoporous iron and titanium oxides
Duration of the project: August 2016 – July 2019
Project executor: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Grant for young scientists, Project of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine)
Project goals: the development of effective photocatalyst based on mesoporous titanium and iron oxides, as well as composites based on them for the degradation of phenol and formaldehyde.
- The improvement and testing of reproducible synthesis of nanodispersed titanium dioxide and iron oxides with the control of the physical and chemical properties and the dimensional effects initiating;
- The analysis of the nucleation and crystal structure formation of titanium dioxide and iron oxides, the determination of the pH, temperature and concentration influence on the complex formation and the olation and oxolation interaction between the hydrocomplexes during sol-gel stage of synthesis;
- The determination of еру synthesis conditions influence on phase composition, crystalline and electronic structure, morphology, particle size, surface condition and electrochemical properties of nanodisperse systems based on mesoporous iron oxide and titanium oxides.
- The development of electric conductivity and band structure models of nanodisperse systems based on mesoporous iron and titanium oxides for materials with different phase state and morphology;
- Testing of the obtained materials as a photocatalyst in the destruction of organic dyes, phenols and formaldehyde with an analysis of the photooxidation kinetics;
- The establishment of correlation relations between the conditions of obtaining, structural and morphofluorochemical properties of the materials and their photocatalytic activity.
- The disclosure of interconnections between the synthesis conditions and the structural and morphological characteristics of nanodispersed mesoporous oxides of transition metals opens the way for functional materials obtaining with predefined parameters optimized for application in a particular field.
- The establishment of the influence of the structure and morphology of nanostructured mesoporous titanium and iron oxides on the kinetic characteristic of the organic compounds molecules (in particular phenol and formaldehyde) photodegradation makes it possible to elaborate new photocatalytic materials for cleaning poisonous and harmful compounds of industrial waste and sewage with improved operational characteristics.
Contact person and project manager at Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University:
Volodymyr KOTSYUBYNSKY, Ph.D., prof., e-mail: email@example.com