Elaborating economic and legal instruments of state incentive policy for the development of alternative energy sources based on wood processing and agricultural enterprises
Project duration: January 2017 – December 2017
Grant holder: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University (Grant of the President of Ukraine)
Project goals: To develop and substantiate fundamental scientific-theoretical, methodological, organizational, and applied principles and recommendations aimed at the development of biofuel production on the basis of wood-processing and agricultural enterprises.
Specific project objectives are:
Solving economic and legal problems that hinder development of production and consumption of biofuels as one of the alternative energy sources in Ukraine. For Ukraine, the development of energy from renewable sources is an important aspect in solving not only energy problems, but also environmental and political ones. As the increase in the share of own energy production will reduce the country’s dependence on importing countries of gas and oil.
To make a significant contribution to deepening scientific knowledge on the problems of economic and legal instruments of the state stimulation policy on the development of alternative energy sources. As a result of the project, an innovative approach to stimulating renewable energy will be developed through a systematic combination of measures and methods to address two interrelated issues: the decline of domestic agriculture and forestry and excessive energy dependence on non-renewable energy sources.
- Development of scientific regulations and applied principles for ensuring Ukraine’s exit from energy dependence on expensive foreign and non-renewable energy sources through stimulating the use of the potential of wood processing and agricultural enterprises in the field of alternative energy sources. The research includes publication of 1 section of the monograph, 2 scientific articles in professional journals. The presentation of the results is planned at 2 specialized scientific conferences.
- Elaborating the system of economic and legal instruments of the state stimulation policy, the application of which will promote the development of biofuel production on the basis of wood processing and agricultural enterprises.
- Development of a mechanism for regulating legal relations in the field of biofuel production by wood processing and agricultural enterprises in the organizational, legal, institutional, functional and economic aspects.
- Development of recommendations for the content and volume of measures of economic stimulation of the investigated segment of economic activity and development of the basis for the functioning of the permit system for this type of activity.
- Modeling the results of scientific and practical research in the practical activity of woodworking and agricultural enterprises and conducting complex monitoring of results by developing a system of indicators, criteria and indicators.
Сontact person and manager of the project in Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University:
Valentyna YAKUBIV, Vice-Rector of Science, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org